Sunday, February 03, 2013

CHA: New Products

I've been on the road so much this month that I hardly know whether I'm coming or going. I love seeing all of the new products and catching up with industry friends. My husband and children have been super patient, which makes all the difference. I'm off to Tucson this week for the Gem Shows!

This Foldi LED Lamp from Daylight brings natural light to your workspace. The Daylight folks let me take one of these portable lamps to try on the plane and I was thrilled to be able to bead in  my seat. It runs on batteries, but you can also power it by connecting via USB to your laptop. Genius, right?

My friend and fellow Swarovski Ambassador, Fernando Dasilva, launched his new Instant Glam line at the show.  The metal bezels can be used for anything, but Nando created specially-cut crystal rocks to make it quick and easy to create your own, stylish jewelry. Check out the Metal Complex blog to see more ideas and pix from the show.
Beadalon presented a new collection of products at the show. One of my favorites is Flat Memory Wire. It's great for wire-wrapping. I made these bangles from a piece of flat memory (wrapped with crystals) and Elasticity stretch cord across the center. The stretch cord allows the bracelet to fit over your hand. 

We had a book signing and launch for the new book, Crystal Jewelry Inspiration, which features projects from many of the Swarovski Ambassadors. (You might recognize my Crystal Prints design in this ad currently running in BeadStyle!) Click the link for more pix and sneak peeks on Pinterest.
My crafty friend Candie Cooper made this lovely leather cuff using Jewelry Attitude, a new printable film that allows you to place your own image onto leather, metal, wood and more. Click the link for Candie's video, which is packed with great ideas.

Next stop, Tucson! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Wow! Such awesome products all of them! That light would be so perfect. And I love that bird print! Flat memory wire sounds awesome. Can't wait to try that out! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day! Erin

Katie Hacker said...

Thanks for commenting, Erin! Of course there were tons more. I'll have to sprinkle them here and there :)