Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Swarovski Ambassadors on Tour

The CREATE YOUR STYLE with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Ambassadors are taking our show on the road. I spent last Saturday at the brand sparkling new Michaels store on Alberni Street in Vancouver, BC. People asked their burning beading questions, signed up for a book drawing and learned all kinds of info about beading with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS. 

I loved meeting viewers of Beads, Baubles & Jewels and talking to shoppers who are just getting into beading. And, I finally got to meet Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor, in person. She and her daughter, Willow, made the trek to the new store in the midst of preparations for a road trip of their own.

Here's the new store - it's next door to Pandora and Brooks Brothers, across the street from Tiffany and right down the block from Louis Vuitton. Very chic!

 
The new format has beading on the first floor at the front of the store. It's so pretty! The classroom overlooks this area. You can take the escalator up to the second floor to shop the other departments. 

Love the cranes, the lighting and, of course, the crystals above the escalator. I think I took this picture as I was riding up. I don't recommend that method!

The new Michaels store is just up the hill from the water. I'm training for a half-marathon, so I ran along the seawall and snapped some pictures along the way. I like this view looking back toward the city. There are lots of amazing views in Vancouver, though. I got to see a few of them!

What a nice city to visit. Even the waterfront is sparkling! Love this double ring sculpture Dennis Oppenheim. Goodbye, Vancouver! See you again someday.

Watch for a SWAROVSKI Ambassador at a Michaels Grand Opening near you!

4 comments:

June Beach said...

Glad you had such a great time!!! Hugs!!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Katie it was fantastic to finally meet you too! Willow and I really enjoyed having a coffee and chatting about the bead biz with you. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Judy said...

Wow!! sure makes our little Michaels here in SW Missouri look tacky!!! LOL

myjw100 said...

Would it be okay if I save a copy of your photo of the Double Ring Sculpture. I am a sculptor myself and those are just really cool. Is Dennis Oppenheim the artist?
I was also wanting to ask you what kind of cording you recommend for stretchy bracelets? I made a few but I had to use several strand of the cording I have which meant bead reaming some glass pearls and some large round beautiful smoky quartz beads. Yikes, I learned quickly that both would crack very easily. I'm much better with metal, wood, plaster and clay which I'm trying to incorporate into jewelry too. I am limited to doing medium to small sculpture now (which I believe jewelry making to be) due muscle and bone illness. I still do lots of painting and drawing and smaller carvings and metals. But I am enjoying the jewelry. I've learned a great deal from blogs like yours and Beads Baubles n Jewels show - Thank you for that!! - I just had a couple requests for stretchy instead of clasp bracelets from a couple ladies with arthritis. And, like I said, I apparently am not using the right kind of cording. And was wondering if you had a suggestion.
Thanks, Jennifer W