Monday, January 17, 2011

Jewelry Making Inspiration

We have a bunch of new photos on our computer screen saver and it made me realize how much jewelry I've made this year! I think everyone should do it. It's totally inspiring. Pick some jewelry pictures that inspire you, load them up and get those creative juices flowing.

When I get tired of these pix, I'm thinking about replacing them with other images that will inspire creativity, like collections of different beads and jewelry making materials. The screen saver is kind of a passive creativity journal because all you do is snap pix and then watch them float by.

This necklace started life with a different pendant but it never felt quite right. Now that I've added the Katiedids™ Creative Component pendant, I think it's going to stay this way. I love the blues, of course.

The lowdown: SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS Pacific opal and indicolite crystals mixed with Amazonite rondelles, mother of pearl shell loop beads, white freshwater pearls, silver spacers and a vintage faux pearl button in the center of the pendant.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! My husband has some fancy media center set up with our tvs and whenever it goes into a sleep mode it links to a photo file so we get to see all these old digital images we never printed out. It just randomly shows one at a time on screen. It's always a conversation starter and I often find it so interesting I just sit and watch the photos for a while!

Andi Z said...

I just bought your book "Bead and Wire Jewelry Exposed" yesterday (AC Moore, 50% coupon Yay ME!) Anyhow, I've been staring at it in my Amazon cart and just wasn't sure? Now I am soooooo glad I got it! NO. 1= I LOVE Crystals, especially Swarovski. NO. 2= My 'new' LOVE is wire. And, put those two together and I'm in bead heaven. I will be looking for your components that you designed with Beadalon (wish they had them at AC Moore, 40% off all Beadalon!) Since I've got thousands of beads, I have to start saving, but your book was worth it and so are your crystal components (the name escapes me, my apologies) Anyhow, THANK YOU for a wonderful book collaboration and for your inspiration. I'll be adding your blog to my reader, cheers and have a great day!

Menucha Jewelry said...

Great inspiration idea! I think looking back at what you've done and the beads that you've chosen is a great way to gain inspiration... When you look at other catalogs and magazines, your style can sometimes gain more of its influence from there. When looking back at my own work, I can get totally new looks that are based on my own style, keeping the uniqueness of my handcrafted jewelry on track! I mean, isn't half the beauty of handcrafted the way it reflects on the artist's personality?

Thank you for a wonderful post.
http://menuchachic.blogspot.com/

Handmade Jewellery said...

That's a great idea - will definitely try it. Thanks

Angela said...

Very new to jewelry making. Looking around for all the info I can. I definitely want to get into wire making. Right now all I do is just beading. Love your site. Lots of info. :)

Brian Young said...

The blue hues is very attractive ,I must admit. My daughter like the necklace a lot. Great piece you have there. Brian of sell your scrap platinum jewelry..

Beads said...

Lovely Creation!