Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Then & Now


Here it is! My first Then & Now feature. I've been chatting recently with some of my crafty friends about how fun it is to look at old projects and have a laugh about how far we've come. You would never guess that talented polymer clay artist Linda Peterson started out by making Fimo cow jewelry to go with her hand-painted cow T shirts. And accomplished jewelry maker Candie Cooper uses the very first earrings she made to show her students how it just takes time and practice to make perfectly round loops. We decided we should share some of these juicy blasts from the past on our blogs.

I wanted to start out with some of my first caned Fimo earrings, but I can't seem to lay my hands on them at the moment. I did, however, find these awesome friendship pins. Prime examples of my early adventures with color and texture.

The giant one on the right was my favorite. I remember finding that pink bead and thinking that it was like a little pebble. Even though part of the point of making friendship pins is giving them away, I could never bear to trade that one. In fact, I think I made most of these. The ones that I received from friends went directly onto my shoe laces or book bag. These are the ones that I kept in my box of treasures.

Now it's your turn! Post on your blog or leave a comment about your own Then & Now craftiness.

4 comments:

*melanie* earthenwood studio said...

Oh my goodness, these are a blast form the past! I remember making and trading these with I was in sixth grade!

What a fun idea for a post...I am goint to think of something for my own Then & Now

Katie Hacker said...

I can't wait to see your Then & Now, Melanie!

Christie said...

OMG I remember making those! I also remember thinking they were super cool. LOL!

HobbyMommy said...

It was 6th grade for me too! Thanks for bringing that smile to my face and taking me back in time!

I'll take that Then & Now challenge!